Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dress-Up Fun

This past week has been fairly uneventful. Julie had one snow day on Wednesday & a two hour delay on Thursday. We got a lot of snow, then rain, which turned to ice, then snow again. I attended my first PTF (Parent/Teacher/Friends) meeting at school on Thursday night. It's basically a PTA, except if you call yourself a PTA you have to pay dues. The meeting was semi-interesting, but sitting on the bench seats, at the cafeteria tables, for an hour and a half, reminded me why I hate cafeteria tables. Although, as long as I was sitting there, I was hoping to be served a chicken patty and french fries with chocolate milk. No such luck!

Dave was away overnight last night. He should be home around supper time tonight. He went to Word of Life Bible Institute, in the Adirondacks, with our youth group for Snow Camp. The youth and other leaders will come back Sunday, but he's coming back today so he can preach tomorrow. I offered to fill the pulpit for him tomorrow. He declined. I was shocked. Maybe next time. I'll wear him down eventually.

I don't usually love being alone at night, but it wasn't too bad. The kids went to bed well, but they did wake me at 6:05 this morning. I'll try and forgive them. Someday.

Last night the girls had a great time playing dress-up. I took a couple pictures to share with you. I think the crazy plastic "fancy" shoes are my favorite. I had to take Alayna's off after several slips on the wood floor in my bedroom. I didn't need her breaking a limb when my "first responder" was out of town.


No comments: