Monday, January 19, 2009

Keeping Up With Joel & Other Stuff...

Today, being MLK day, Julie did not have school. She spent most of the afternoon outside with Dave, cleaning up after yesterday's snow fall, which gave us 7 more inches of snow. They spent quite a bit of time playing in the snow, too. I have the excuse that Joel is too little to play in the snow, so I HAVE to stay inside. Actually, I don't mind it, in short increments. I LOVED sled riding as a kid, and we had the best place to sled ride, at our hunting camp. I miss those days when a bunch of us piled into the back of my dad's truck with our sleds, being driven to the top of the hill, and riding "Lightning Guider" 8/10 of a mile down the road. Oh, it was so fast! Occasionally, as a kid, I would trust my dad to stear, and I would lay on his back going down the hill. We would race whoever wanted to take on "Lightning Guider." I found this website regarding Lightning Guider sleds, and the history of their making in Pennsylvania.
http://host52.newportsd.org/webpages/PECO/Lightning%20Guider%20Sleds.htm

Yesterday, we had to cancel church, due to the unexpected snow fall we received. The weather stations kept reporting that we were to receive 1-2 inches...they were WRONG! Most churches, in urban areas, do not have to cancel due to snow. That is not the case for us. Our roads were very bad, and the guy that plows out our driveway, and the church parking lot, could not come til 4 in the afternoon.

Joel is now very mobile. He does this "Army Crawl" that is unlike anything the girls ever did. He goes from one end of the house to the other in no time. We have to keep all doors closed, because he is in to everything! One of his favorite hide outs is under the dining room table. He is also pulling himself up to his knees and reaching for things in child-size chairs. Keep in mind, he is only 7 1/2 months old. I don't think Alayna even crawled until she was 10 months...she just had no desire. I know Joel is going to keep me SO SO busy. Things I didn't have to baby-proof with the girls, will now have to be baby-proofed. The poor cat is already the subject of his taunting. If Reggie is on the floor, and Joel can reach him, look out! I've pulled many clumps of fur out of his fingers already. Sorry Reg!

Enjoy the pictures!

Joel, under the table...not sure if he was squealing, or screaming at me.


Joel, kneeling by the bouncy seat.


The girls enjoying breakfast yesterday morning. They love to eat at "their" table.

2 comments:

The Bierer Family said...

Your pictures are too cute. :) I think the face he is making under the table looks like Dave! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm missing the family photo at the top of the page... but do love the photos you post. Keep them coming... want to see a picture of Joel standing.