Friday, January 2, 2009

The Bierer Christmas

It has been five years, or more, since I have been home on Christmas Day. My dads side of the family always celebrates together Christmas day, in the afternoon, and I have missed being a part of that. My Aunt & Uncle hosted Christmas in their home, and it was a lot of fun to see everyone, and to all be together for one day. My Grandpa has a tradition of giving "gag" gifts, as we affectionately call them. You will notice that my kids are unwrapping their gifts out of paper grocery bags...that is part of the tradition, and we wouldn't change a thing.

The girls opening their gifts from Grandma & Grandpa (anything that's nice in the bag is from Grandma, and anything silly is from Grandpa).


I put this picture in because my dad is very proud of his Barney Fife tie.


I am the oldest of ten grandkids. Since we were all together, we captured the moment with a picture, with our grandparents.


Tired after a long day of "Bierer parties."


This is my Grandpa...I don't think he knew that he was wearing a cowboy hat on his head and foot. :)

No comments: