Today Julie was home from school with a fever. She started running a fever Saturday night, after playing with a couple of her friends for the evening. She had no symptoms of being sick during the day Saturday, but by bedtime she was not feeling well. I feel terrible that her friends were exposed to her, and I really hope they don't get sick, too. Alayna started running a fever Sunday morning. The kids and I stayed home from church, and pretty much did nothing. When Dave got home from church, around 12:45, he found all the kids in for naps, and I was asleep on the couch. I woke up long enough to ask him if he cared if I went to bed for a while. I'm not sure if I heard his answer, or not, but I was in bed for half the afternoon. It's not that I am sick, it's that sick kids make for sleepless nights. So far Joel is not running a fever, but with two sisters who take every opportunity to touch him, hold him, hug him & kiss him, it's probably only a matter of time. Oh well, they're building their immune system, right???
Saturday night I hosted a ladies get-together at our house. There were 6 of us, and we had a great time. It has been way too long since I've planned something like this, and the laughter and adult conversation was great! We played Balderdash, which was hillarious! It's one of my favorite games, mostly because you get to lie, and it's okay. We didn't get to finish the game because it got very late, but I was in the lead when it ended. Good Pastor's wife, huh?
Today was Dave's day off, and with the girls being sick, we didn't accomplish much. I ran a couple errands, did a load of laundry, and that was about it. Julie asked if she could go to the movie theater and see "Horton Hears A Who." (That's the last movie she saw in the theater....we don't get out much). Dave informed her that it was no longer in the theater, but he checked Pay Per View and it was on there. We decided that since she was sick we would rent it today and watch it. Dave told her we could get it on the tv if we paid for it. She asked how much it would cost, and he said $5. She looked at the tv very puzzled and then asked, "where are we supposed to put the money?"
I'm afraid that her "technical" ability comes from Dave's side of the family. I only think this because, a few years back Dave's grandma handed a letter to Dave that she received in the mail, from her brother in North Carolina. He had typed the letter on his computer and mailed it to her. When she handed it to Dave to read, she said, "I think this is what they call an e-mail." :)
I'm not sure if we ever explained to Julie how you pay for pay per view, but I noticed a $5 bill in her piggy bank, and I think that's how I'll pay for it. j/k It was a nice lazy day today, and that was a cute movie to watch with her...and Dave...and Joel, who was getting in to everything and whining during the movie...and Alayna, who was running a fever and had a drippy nose....and the cat. Now you know why we don't go out to the movies much. They don't want drippy nose, whiney kids, and a cat, in the theater. Forget the fact that I probably forgot to turn my cell phone off.
No comments:
Post a Comment