Yesterday I picked Julie up from school and we headed to Kingston (the closest destination for major shopping), to grocery shop. Joel & Alayna stayed home with Dave (Alayna's still fighting this virus), and Julie & I enjoyed our special time alone. Our first stop was Sears - isn't that everyone's first stop when they're making a trip to the "big city?" Any-who...as I was leaving the store I saw they had tv's on sale. Dave & I had recently decided that we were going to purchase a new television for our living room, and retire our old one into our bedroom. We had decided what tv we wanted, and where we were buying it from, but when I saw the deal they were offering on a Samsung at Sears, I called to tell him about it. He agreed that this was an even better deal than the Toshiba we had intended to buy, and told me to go ahead and purchase it. I made the purchase, and received another 10% off for using my Sears charge that day. How exciting!!! So, next week our new tv will arrive, and I can't wait. What will I watch first???
Julie was very excited about the new tv, and as we left the store she said, "I can't wait to watch the new tv, will we still get Noggin (an all-kids show channel) on the new tv?"
"No, Noggin only comes with the old tv. The new tv will no longer have any children's programming. Sorry."
Okay, I didn't really reply with that, but it would have been funny -- at least to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment