Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Devil Made Me Do It

This afternoon, Julie & I went out shopping together. I love these special times with her, where I can really hear what she is saying, and enjoy having conversations with her. I am constantly reminded of how big she is getting, and how much older she acts. If I could freeze this age, I would. So much innocence, and yet so much independence.

I took her dress shopping at Kohl's, and when we were in the van, leaving the store, she asked me, "who aren't we supposed to love again?" I was a little confused by this question, and then she said, "oh yea, the devil. We're not supposed to love the devil. He tells us bad things he wants us to do." I just kept listening to hear where this was all going. She continued, and asked, "do you want to know what he's telling me to do right now?" Obviously my curiosity was killing me, and I said "sure." She replied, "he wants me to open this van door and take off my seat belt, but I'm not going to listen to him." Phew, what a relief!

Oh, the things she comes up with sometimes. Tonight when we got home she was having a little problem with her sister, and yanked something away from her. I promptly said, "I think you just listened to the devil, because of how you treated Alayna." She looked at my like I had two heads...oh well, I tried.

No comments: