Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fevers Fevers and More Fevers

The cold/flu season is upon us. It never fails, as soon as Thanksgiving is over the colds set in. Why is that? I'm convinced that any, and all, exposure to extended family, for more than 20 minutes at a time, brings on a virus of some sort. No offense family, but I think my theory is proving to be true.

Alayna started with a fever of 104 Sunday night. She is very prone to high fevers. She only has the common cold symptoms, but she did run a fever for 48 hours. Today her fever was gone, and all that was left was a very drippy, wet, nose. I think that means she's healthy...

Julie seemed fine when she got home from school today, but tonight she asked me to take her temperature before bed. I did, just to prove she WASN'T sick, and sure enough, she had a fever of 100.3. It's a good thing I don't practice medicine for a living. It looks like she'll be staying home from school tomorrow.

I know I'm very sleep deprived right now, and that's to be expected with sick kids in the house. However, I didn't realize how bad it was getting until I went out and ran a few errands today, alone. While driving home I began to feel too warm, so instead of turning the heat down, I turned the radio up. Scary... I eventually figured out that I should turn the heat down, and for cryin' out loud, turn the radio down, too, it was loud enough to begin with.

Here are a couple pictures of Joel. He's such a happy little guy. Don't ask me what the wet spot is on his leg, in the one picture. It's either drool, or spit-up, or water, or ice cream, or snow, or maybe his diaper leaked...I can't be expected to know everything all the time.


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Sorry everybody's sick. :( Sick kids aren't fun. Hope everyone is feeling back to normal soon!