This title is the story of my life, or any mom's life, for that matter. There is never time in ones day, week, or month to be down with a cold. Well, for whatever reason, even though this seems logical, I am still stuck with a cold. Just a moment ago I asked Dave if I felt warm, because my eyes are burning. He felt my forehead (this is the most accurate test for a fever, anyone knows that), and said "no." I asked for the thermometer just to be sure. Well, I was right, I am burning up with a fever of 99.4...okay, stop laughing, I realize this is not "off the charts", but I still knew I was feeling warm. I love being right. Who doesn't?
Julie was home from school Thursday and Friday with a fever and upset stomach. Today, she is much better, and managed to play with her Polly Pocket dolls most of the day. I was beginning to think that she only felt well when she was glued to the television, but thankfully this is not true. Alayna still has a runny nose, and apparently when the nose runs, the mouth whines. Funny how those two go together.
Joel & I seem to be the last to get it. Dave is holding out, and so far has no sign of getting sick. Joel has not run a fever, but he is very congested, and his voice is hoarse when he cries. Poor little guy.
I mentioned that I don't have time to be sick, and I'll tell you why. Next Saturday, the 13th, I have a Ladies Christmas Tea planned for our church. Tomorrow, after church, I have a meeting to finalize the plans for the tea. On top of all this...rewind a few months -- my friend, Lori, thought we should put together a recipe collection for our church. We had people submit their favorite recipes, and we planned to put it into a small book, and give it out as table favors at the tea. Great idea! Now, fast-forward to this weekend -- the recipes have all been typed by Lori and Diana (or Danielle, I'm not sure). Lori brought me the disk with the recipes, and I agreed to print them on the laser printer. I had no idea that so many recipes were submitted. I am now up to my eyeballs in printing a 50 page book (half pages, front and back). We're making 60 copies. I had suggested a while ago having it printed by a publishing company, but was under the impression there was not enough recipes to do this. So, here we are, one week before the tea, and determined to get this done. My precious husband, who is not sick, has taken time from his work, to help with the kids, so I could lock myself in my office and print, edit, print, get mad at the computer, print, print, get VERY mad at the computer, and print some more.... I still need to finish tomorrows bulletin for church, but I'm waiting for the last pages of this book to print, before I can do that. I'm surprised the printer is not smoking, and I'm thankful that we have not run out of ink, or paper.
Tomorrow, after church, after my meeting, several of us will form a line to assemble these books. After that is done, this week I can get the shopping done for the tea, bake a batch of cookies, make some finger foods, clean my house, and then attend the tea next Saturday....when that's all said and done, THEN I will have time to be sick. Oh, not really, it'll be a week away from Christmas and my shopping isn't done yet. Oh well...*achoo*
No comments:
Post a Comment