Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dinner for 25 of Their Closest Friends

Last Saturday morning the girls had a wonderful time playing "restaurant," and feeding their favorite stuffed animal customers. My entire living room was covered in play dishes, stuffed animals, and plastic food. I love when the girls play so well together.



Today Joel had a 6 month well-visit at the pediatrician. He is now 15lbs. 13oz., and 25 1/2 inches long. He had to have 3 shots today. I hate those moments, and I can't look when the nurse gives him the shots, but Joel handled it well. He cried a little after the 3rd shot, but was over it quickly. He received a free book today, with his visit. The doctors office has started a new program, to encourage reading. Up until the age of 6, each kid will receive a free book with every well-child visit. Our kids love books...although I'm not sure the program is working, because Joel still can't read.

Dave has his last test this coming Thursday for the First Responder course. Once he takes, and passes, this exam, he'll be a certified First Responder. He passed the pracitcal exam last week. He had to work on a real person, while being tested, to make sure he didn't forget anything. To prepare, he practiced on Julie, while I went over the check-list. Julie laid on the living room floor and I made up the situation that Julie had fallen from her swing set. Julie was perfectly still as Dave examined her, checking her pulse, etc. He asked the question "how did this happen?" Julie never missed a beat, she looked at Dave and said, "I was climbing on the monkey bars, I slipped and fell. I even got some dirt in my hair." This child is a born actress. I burst out laughing because she was so serious, and never even smirked. When Dave was feeling fingers and asking if it hurt, of course she said yes. I really think Julie believed that she had a swing set accident.

Julie loves to play around on the piano (no formal lessons yet), and she has figured out how to play Three Blind Mice and Jingle Bells. Dave & I have helped her a little bit, but she is figuring out a lot of the notes on her own. I do believe this child has musical ability...she already plays the piano better than I do. :)

We're headed to Erie for Christmas next week. We are planning our own family Christmas this coming Saturday. We're going to wake up and act like it's Christmas morning with our kids. I'm really looking forward to it, but I have tons of wrapping to do, and Dave has one big gift that needs assembled. Have I mentioned that I still haven't hung our stockings yet?

No comments: