Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Achy Breaky Back...

I remember a time when I liked the song "Achy Breaky Heart", by Billy Ray Cirus...yes, I'm actually admitting this. But, for some reason now that I've turned 30 I feel like the title should be changed to "Achy Breaky Back", by Hannah Montanah's dad. Life changes, that's for sure.

Well, my back has improved some since Thursday, but I'm not "healed" yet. Anyone have the number for Benny Hinn??? Okay, never mind. I visited my chiropractor Friday, and over the course of the weekend I'm feeling slightly more mobile, but I go back again Tuesday for another treatment. Poor Dave is running around like crazy with church obligations, and home obligations...mainly a wife who decided that this past weekend was a good time to become crippled. Friday was especially busy. I had my appointment at the doctor, then I promised Julie I would attend a party in her classroom, then bring her home from school early that day. Dave stayed with the two little ones so I could go, but I was in a great deal of pain by the time I got back. Friday evening our older youth at church hosted a harvest party for all the kids, in our basement. They were supposed to be in Biblical costume, or some kind of Christian character (ie., Veggie Tales, Bibleman, etc.)...well, our kids were "sorta Biblical". Julie wanted desperately to be a flower, so she was part of God's creation, and Alayna...well, she's not Snow White, she's Queen Esther. LOL! Oh, and Joel's a deer off of Noah's Ark. See the pictures below:







Saturday morning, Dave had a Hunter's Blessing Breakfast planned, at the Fire Department he volunteers for. The breakfast was sponsored by our church, and meant as an outreach to hunter's in the community. Dave gave a brief devotion and offered a prayer for safety during the hunting season. There were many door prizes that were handed out, as well. Lots of business' donated items for give-aways. Gander Mountain, Dick's, WalMart, Dunkin Donuts, a couple area taxidermy shops, Valvoline Oil Change, etc. Dave was able to share the gospel with about 10 people that might not otherwise step foot in a church. We pray that God will continue to work in the hearts of those that attended. Oh, and bless Dave with a nice deer for our freezer this hunting season. (I'm such a redneck...yikes)

Since Dave had this breakfast to put on, that meant that he had to leave at 7 a.m. Saturday. Knowing that my back was out, and I was unable to lift anything, or clean, my dear friend, Diana, came over with her daughter, Amber, at 8:15 Saturday morning to spend most of the day helping me. Amber and Julie are great friends, and they had a wonderful time playing together. What a HUGE blessing! Diana vacuumed, cleaned up my kitchen, did a couple loads of laundry, brought us supper and homemade cinnamon rolls. It's during these times, when I'm sick, or my back is hurting, that I miss being near my family even more. I know that my mom or grandma would be there to help me with my house, or kids. This was just a big reminder to me of the "family" God has provided us in Stone Ridge. I can't repay Diana enough...however, she told me that someday when she's old, and breaks a hip, she's calling me for help. We'll probably have moved by then... j/k

No comments: