While Julie & I were talking I was explaining a little about cancer, and what that means (keeping it simple and just emphasizing how we need to pray more for Mimi). I told her how my mom was diagnosed when she was still a baby (10 months old). Julie prays for mom daily, but I know she doesn't understand all of this. A child doesn't need to have worries over "adult" issues, but she does learn at a young age the power of prayer.
Further into our conversation I asked Julie if she had any questions about this, and she said, "No, can we not talk about Mimi anymore?" My first thought was that I had overwhelmed her and she didn't want to hear anymore about Mimi being sick. But, then Julie continued her statement with "I would like to talk about me now, and when I was a baby. I was really cute, and I did a lot of cute things." SHEESH! It's good to know I didn't overwhelm her.
I wish I could be so honest with people sometimes. "Could we stop talking about you, and start talking about ME? I'm awfully cute and I do cute things." LOL!
Here's Julie, when she was younger, with mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment