
Yesterday, this is what Julie looked like when she got home from school. They had little voting booths set up for the kids. Apparently it had pictures of the candidates, and you could color in the box next to the picture you wanted. I asked Julie who she voted for, and she said, "John McCain...ya never know." Well, I do know, and I wish Julie's vote had counted for real. Maybe it did, maybe Acorn registered the kids at Marbletown Elementary? hmmmmm
This reminds me of a story about my brother when my he was young. During Sunday School his teacher asked the kids "Who are God's chosen people?" Doug spoke up and answered, "The Republicans." Good answer, Doug! It's wrong, but good answer!
This morning I sat down to read my Bible, trying to gain some encouragement, and the first verse I read was, Jeremiah 16:10 "When you tell these people all this and they ask you, 'Why has the LORD decreed such a great disaster against us? What wrong have we done? What sin have we committed against the LORD our God?" (I'm not kidding, this is the first verse I read)....anways, I read that and immediately thought, I think I'd rather read a Psalm or "See Spot Run." But, I felt like I needed to read on, and I'm so glad I did. The verses later in the chapter jumped off the page at me screaming, and I wanted to share them with you. Jeremiah 16:19-21"O LORD, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress, to you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Our fathers possessed nothing but false gods, worthless idols that did them no good. Do men make their own gods? Yes, but they are not gods!" "Therefore I will teach them - this time I will teach them my power and might. Then they will know that my name is the LORD."
Also, 17:7 says "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him."
So, today, even though I'm not happy about what I see in the news, I'm reminded that it is not man in whom I put my trust, but the LORD, and my confidence needs to be in Him!
3 comments:
I had a friend remind me...this world is not our home! So I'm remembering where my real Home is. That helps. :) By the way...you inspired me...I started my own blog! :)
What's your blog address???
www.nuzbacknews.blogspot.com :)
Post a Comment