Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's Better to Praise...

My blog has becoming a little more "wordy" lately. I guess my heart is over-flowing with things to share. Bear with me... :)

This past week had it's share of "downs", if you will. We found out that the tumors on my moms lungs and liver are increasing and spreading. Her CA-125 is 998, an all-time high. This number is higher than when she was first diagnosed almost 5 years ago. She is experiencing some pain in her abdomen area and was told that she is feeling the cancer. By all accounts, this is not good news in man's view. But, I can honestly say that I feel more peace now than I have in the past five years, since she was orginally diagnosed with ovarian cancer. I can say that this feeling is true for my parents, as well. God is granting us such peace...truly "peace that passes all understanding." My mom and I have been sharing a lot of verses with each other lately. Verses that we feel the Lord is bringing us to, during this "bump" in the road, as my mom put it. There is so much in Jeremiah 33 that stood out to me the other day, but the last part of v. 11 is what I want to quote now. "Give thanks to the LORD Almighty, for the LORD is good; his love endures forever." For I will restore the fortunes of the land as they were before, says the LORD.
I love that part about restoring the fortunes of the land as they were before. It gives me such an incredible mental picture of restoring mom to the way she was before!

Mom said to me the other night that she wants us all to praise God right now. No worrying, just praising! Romans 8:18 "For I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." God is revealing His power and His glory, and it is exciting! Do I love what is happening with mom, NO! But I see all that God is doing with this, and it's an awesome thing to be a witness to.

Mom is starting weekly chemo-therapy treatments, in Pittsburgh. Each week the chemo dose will get stronger. She'll do three weeks on, and one week off. This chemo will deplete her blood cell count and she might have to get shots for this three times a week. She will lose her hair again, and nausea is another side effect. I ask for all your prayers on her behalf. Also, prayer for my dad, as he takes her to Pittsburgh each week.

The kids & I are headed to Erie this coming Tuesday. Dave & I are pulling Julie out of school for a little while, so she can come with me. I'm hoping to spend lots of time with my parents, and possibly do some Christmas shopping with mom.
All of your prayers are greatly appreciated, but please Praise God for all He is doing, and all He is!

No comments: