Thursday, November 13, 2008

I Love Drearie Erie!

The kids and I have arrived safe & sound in Erie. The trip on Tuesday was fairly uneventful, and everyone travelled much better than our trip home in August. Which, to say the least, was a nightmare of a car-ride. Dave drove the kids & I as far as Corning, NY, where we met mom & dad at Denny's for lunch. Julie insists on meeting at Denny's so she can have mac-n-cheese for lunch. (Why is it that I can pay .50 a box for something that costs $4 as a kids meal in a restaurant...oh wait, it's because of the applesauce that comes on the side. Now that makes sense) Mom & Dad brought Doug & Andrea's mini-van to pick us up, and Andrea has graciously loaned her van to me while I'm home. She has a company vehicle for work, and Doug has a truck. It must be nice to have extra vehicles sitting around...I just tell the kids that we're borrowing this van from their "rich" aunt & uncle in Erie.

Today is mom's chemo day in Pittsburgh. Joel & I will be travelling down with mom & dad, while the girls spend the day here with Grandma Andrews. It's a "drearie" Erie day today, but I'm thankful it's not snowing. When we arrived here Tuesday there was around 4 inches of snow on the ground, which melted yesterday now that the temps are rising a bit.

The kids and I spent a few hours with my Grandma and Grandpa Bierer yesterday. Julie went back over in the afternoon for a couple hours by herself. She loves to have special time with Grandma. They baked cookies together, and looked at family photos. When I asked Julie if she had fun she said she was bored, but when asked if she wanted to go back she was excited and said yes. If Julie has to sit still for two minutes, then she's bored. I love being bored!

I won't have any pictures to post while I'm in Erie. As it is, I'm being forced back into the stone age with dial-up while I'm here. I am excited to say that my parents did recently subscribe to digital cable, and I'm so proud of them. Now if mom could just figure out how to program her remote, we'd be set. :)

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Your Mom has been in my prayers. I'm hoping this chemo will knock those numbers way down. Enjoy your time in Erie!

Anonymous said...

It seems that my wife has altered the facts for the sake of humor. We own three vehiles. One mini-van, a car, and a truck. That must mean we are rich.

By the way, one very used truck for sale. For info. email pastor@efchurch.org

Signed, Fact Checker