Monday, March 9, 2009

Conversations With Julie

Saturday:
We headed to Applebee's for breakfast, this past Saturday. The playground committee, at Julie's school, was doing a pancake fundraiser, and we had purchased tickets to support their cause, to fix up the school's playground. On the way there Dave & I were talking to Julie about school. We were talking about things she is doing in class, and learning. I asked her if she ever noticed that they don't talk about Jesus, or the Bible, at her school. She said yes. I asked her if it bothered her at all, and she replied, "well, we do the pledge every day."

And I thought public school wasn't paying off??? :)

Today:
Julie is home sick, with a virus. She's running a fever, and coughing a lot. She coughs so hard, that occasionally it makes her throw up. This morning she asked me if we could play school, since she wasn't able to go today. So we did. Joel & Alayna weren't very attentive, I will continue to work with them. Joel mostly drooled, and Alayna didn't know her alphabet. Oh well...

After playing school Julie was resting on the couch. She began to cough, and ran for the bathroom. Her intention was to make it to the toilet, but instead, tossed everything right next to the toilet (at least she tried). As I was helping her, and cleaning everything up, she said to me (in a very pathetic voice), I don't want to be sick, I don't want to throw up any more. I was agreeing with her, then she immediately perked up and said, "how do you spell throw up?"

I'm encouraged to know, that even when she's ill, she has an eagerness to learn.

2 comments:

Romanek Ramblings said...

I think you should just spank them. :)

Bunny said...

LOL!
LOL again, I"m still laughing about that conversation!
And the comment "I think you should just spank them"
LOL
Sounds like you have some pretty funny friends!
You crack me up!
Wish we lived closer to each other.
I'll be praying Julie feels better. I hate throwing up with a passion!!!!!!!