As I type this I am reminded of why we are in New York, and God's calling on our life. I don't hesitate for a moment to know we're exactly where God would have us to be, but it doesn't make me miss my family any less.
We had a wonderful visit with my parents. Dad & Dave got in a little fishing time on the Rondout Creek. Julie & Papa made two trips to Dunkin Donuts for their special time. Julie looks forward to that every time she sees Papa. She knows he's going to treat her to a donut with pink icing and sprinkles. Life doesn't get much better. The second trip to DD, Dave & Alayna tagged along, too. Mom, Joel & I had our own outing on Monday to a wonderful bakery for lunch. We enjoyed a delicious Monte Cristo, and an afternoon of shopping at Kohl's, and a local Farm Market. Neither of us would say we LOVE shopping, but when we're together there's something much more fun about it. We love to laugh at ourselves, and each other. My mom is & has always been one of my closest friends!
I know I don't blog about this much, mostly because most of you are kept up to date on her status, and secondly because sometimes it's just too hard. My mom's CA-125 count is in limbo right now. The numbers are way too high, but we're waiting to find out if her numbers were skewed by a virus she had the last time they ran blood work. If that's the case, then the CA-125 should be lower next time. If not, then this means the chemo is not working. We are praying that it was the virus. I am thankful for every moment I get to spend with her, and I know God is not done using her on this earth. Our eternal home is in Heaven, and we look forward to the day where we meet Christ face to face. But for now, He is choosing to use this situation so others may know Him. And for those that do know Him, they will be encouraged. I know I am encouraged by my mom's testimony, and my dad's also. My dad has been given a lot to deal with over the past 5 years, but he has never waivered in his faith. He knows who my mom belongs to, and who is truly in control of her life.
Psalm 54:4 “Behold, God is my helper and ally: the Lord is my upholder and is with them who uphold my life.”
On that note I will lighten things up by showing you some pictures of our weekend:
Joel & Julie hangin' out on the floor.

Mom & the kids.

Part of the reason for my parents visit, besides coming for Alayna's 2nd Birthday, was to deliver some furniture they've been storing in their garage for us. My parents purchased a house full of furniture from a relative on mom's side, this past summer. They sold some of the furniture, but also divided up several pieces between them, my brother & his family, and us. We were able to replace our old table & chairs with a new (to us) one, that had a matching hutch. We also received a Baldwin Acrosonic piano, & a recliner. I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am with these pieces of furniture. I took 3 years of piano lessons as a child, but I'm embarassed to say that I do not play well. I would love to play again, and intend to practice as often as I can. Dave & I also want our kids to each take piano lessons, at some point. They may not develop a love for it, and may choose another instrument they prefer, but the piano will be a good place to start.
Here are some pictures of our "new" furniture.
Julie at the piano. She is convinced that she knows how to play "Down by the Bay", and she sings along. It's awfully cute, and noisy, at the same time. :)

Our table! There are two leaf's for this table to make it quite large for family gatherings.

My new hutch that matches my table! Yippee! I put away my good dishes, and I still have room for more things. I'm thrilled to have the extra storage. No, it won't be used for any of Dave's hunting items. ugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment