Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Summer Projects

The past two days Dave has spent spreading mulch in my flower beds for me. The mulch was purchased before VBS, in August, but first it had to be used in the archaeological digging pit. I must admit, this summer I have not accomplished much in the way of landscaping. I didn't plant annuals like I normally do, and I barely manage to get my hanging baskets watered. Next summer might be easier, but this summer is a blur.
Julie has been Dave's side-kick, and she really enjoyed helping him spread mulch. Dave said she took on the role of Project Manager very well.
Here's some pictures of our day yesterday.

Julie using her own shovel.


Dave was kind enough to lay down newspaper first, before putting the mulch down. He also agreed to edge all the flower beds for me, too. The weeds were beginning to take over. Thank you my wonderful husband for all your hard work!


Doesn't it look so much nicer & neater?


Joel enjoying the beautiful weather from his stroller.


Julie discovered that a toad had taken up residence in the kiddy pool. We took a few pictures, then Dave released him back in to the grass. I'm not very good with frogs or toads, but I will look...but please don't ask me to touch them. I think this stems from years of my brother tormenting me, and chasing me with these giant bullfrogs he used to catch. Thanks Doug, it's all your fault. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bark looks great, now Dave can come do mine. "I'm sick you know"