Monday, September 15, 2008

Regarding School...

I have mentioned before, and will say it again, Julie loves school! However, she has told us several different mornings that she was nervous about going. I tell her that's normal, and she'll eventually not feel that way about school. Well, apparently today was the day that she would no longer feel nervous. This morning, while getting ready, she tells me that she no longer has "nerves." I asked her why, and she replied, "because my teacher said I'm wonderful, that's why I don't have nerves any more." I asked, "your teacher said you're wonderful?"
Julie then reminded me about the note the teacher sent home saying Julie was a sweet girl, and doing well. I said, "Oh, you mean when she said you were sweet?" "Yes, that's it, I thought she said wonderful, I just can't remember, but I don't have nerves any more."

I'm so glad my child no longer has "nerves" about school. :) Now, if we could get her over this seasonal allergy cough she has, we'd be in good shape. She develops the same cough every fall, and it sounds like she just needs to clear her throat, take a drink of water, and she'd be fine. That does not help, and she coughs constantly. The teacher has expressed "concern," thinking that it's bothering Julie. Honestly, I'm sure she's just as annoyed with the cough as we are, but is wording it as "concern." Tomorrow I'm taking Julie to the doctor to have it checked out, just to make sure there's nothing that can be done. I'm thinking that if I put some whiskey on a rag that would help her...oh wait, that's for teething...or maybe that would just help me deal with her cough better. j/k :)

Dave is currently taking a First Responder course for the VFD. There are 20 classes, and lots of homework. I'm proud of him for taking this, and I know it will make him a real asset to our little fire department. The time commitment is a bit overwhelming to him right now.

Joel has been drooling a lot, and is fussier than usual. I think he's starting to teeth...ugh! Alayna's busy busy busy making more work for me. If you don't have enough to do, find a two year old and they can create more work than you can keep up with. I'm pretty sure that a two year olds only goal for the day is "destroy destroy destroy!" She's very good at it. We call her "Destruct-O Girl."

Oh, I got my hair cut today. Life doesn't get more exciting than that. Sorry, I don't have any new pictures to post right now. You're stuck just reading my ramblings about our day. :)

No comments: