Sunday, September 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Alayna!!!

Today was Alayna's 2nd Birthday. It's hard to believe that two years have past since this wonderful little girl entered our lives. It's also hard to believe that in these two years another baby entered our lives, as well. I feel so blessed to be the mom of these great kids. Such a gift from God. :)

Tonight Alayna was having trouble going to sleep, probably the ice cream and cookie she was permitted after supper, for her special day. Anyway, after several attempts to get her to settle down in her crib and go to sleep, I finally took her in the other room to rock her for a little while. At first I was frustrated, because I just wanted her to go to sleep, but as I'm rocking her she tilted her head toward me and said "I lah lu mommy" (I love you mommy). All I could think in that moment was that I wouldn't have missed hearing that for the world. So precious!

We are planning a "family" party for her this coming Saturday. My parents are coming from PA to spend a few days with us, and celebrate her birthday. We can't wait! We did do a little celebrating today and let her open the gifts Julie picked out for her (a book, and shoes for her baby doll) & one of the gifts we bought her (baby doll).

Here are some pictures from today:


Alayna opening her book from Julie.


"Back off, these are my gifts!"


Alayna and her new baby doll from mommy & daddy. She LOVES dolls. She is always stealing Julie's favorite doll, so we decided she needed her own special doll. Even though there are several baby dolls in their closet...this one is hers, and only hers.


Instead of a cake today, since we'll have that Saturday, Julie & I made her a giant chocolate chip cookie. No, I didn't take a bite out of it before serving it to my family. It got so big it spilled over the pizza stone in the oven, and broke off in a couple places.


I had to include a picture of Joel I took tonight in his new pj's. He really is this happy most of the time.

Tomorrow Joel & Alayna both have their well-visits at the pediatrician. It will not be a great morning, since they are both due for shots. Thankfully Dave is going with me. After their appointments in the morning Dave is meeting Julie at school to have lunch with her. It is Book Fair week and on Monday you can "Bring A Loved One" to lunch. This is their way of getting parents in to the book fair so they can be conned in to spending more money. :) Julie's excited that she & daddy can eat their peanut butter & jelly sandwiches together in the cafeteria.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After seeing this picture of Joel, I'm thinking he's looking more like his mommy. Sorry Dave.

Kristen said...

Thank you, I'm finally getting some credit. :)