Monday, September 22, 2008

Doctor Visit

Today Joel & Alayna had their well-visit appointments. They are both healthy and thriving. Alayna, at age 2, is now 27lbs. Joel, almost 4 months, is 14lbs. Joel had to have 3 shots today, but Alayna will have her shots in 6 weeks. It wasn't a full 6 months since her last set of shots so we have to wait. Insurance reasons, etc. Poor Joel is very out of sorts today. I've given him tylenol, but nothing is making him happy. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. We'll see what kind of sleep he allows me tonight. Right now Dave is trying to entertain him, but I think I need to step in and rescue him. Lots of fussing going on, and I think Joel's not happy either. :)

Dave had lunch with Julie at school today. She then talked her dad in to buying $16 worth of books at the book fair. You're welcome PTF (Parent Teacher Friends Organization). Julie had a great time with Dave until he had to leave, then the meltdown took place. I was afraid of this. The teacher's assistant took care of her, and Dave just had to leave. She was fine when she got home and said that next time the school has a "Bring a Loved One" to lunch day she won't cry when daddy leaves. We'll see....

2 comments:

Nikki said...

It was so good to hear from yet another mom who can relate! Thanks for your prayers for Madison these last few months. How neat that we do not know each other and yet we have the same BIG GOD and are praying for each others families. I pray for your mom often, as well as all of you in these difficult times. I pray that the Lord gives me a faith like her as I walk through life.

thanks again for the post on my blog and cheers to these baby raising years!!!

have a great night,
nikki smith

Bunny said...

Kristen, I LOVE reading your blog!!! We have been so busy, but I have been wanting to post/email and tell you and your hubby what an AWESOME job you guys did for the VBS (yes, I"m THAT far behind on your blog). I can't believe how creative and professional everything turned out for that event! I wanted to be a kid again so I could come!!!
I have so much to tell you! We are moving to California on Thursday, but I am going to email and try to catch up with you after we're settled. LOVE You! Happy Birthday to your little one!!!