Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A Spur of the Moment Afternoon...

Now that the weather is cooling down a little around here I can say that I'm enjoying being outdoors more. I love summer in Erie - the lake, boating, Waldameer, etc., but the heat just makes me want to curl up in front of a fan and be left alone.

Since school is back in session for Julie, and I work a couple days a week, I am trying to take advantage of the couple hours each afternoon we have together. Whether we just played outside in our own yard, or go somewhere. The other day I picked up Julie and we decided to head for the Erie Zoo. We have a membership, so going for a couple hours is no big deal. It's not a big zoo, you can see everything you need to in a couple hours anyway. If it takes you more than a couple hours....well, you just walk too slow.

The zoo is not a busy place during the week right now, so it was just us and a few other people that seemed to have the same idea we did.

Julie is a huge help to me with Joel. She tries to help with Alayna, but that usually doesn't end well. Alayna is a free-spirit....enough said. Julie practically took over Joel's care at the zoo, and he preferred it that way. She is patient with him, carries him, gives in to whatever he wants....she'll make a great wife some day. :)

I love this picture of the three of them walking down the boardwalk. It's so them...Julie & Joel hand in hand, and Alayna following behind in her own little world - wearing black sparkly shoes, capris and a jacket (free spirit).

The other day Alayna was going on and on about her baby doll and I asked her, "do you live in reality or make-believe?" She said, "I live in that house right over there," (pointing to the empty space behind our couch. :)

I wish the picture didn't turn out blurred - but my camera is just like that, and I'm not happy about it.
(Dear Santa, I want a new camera for Christmas)!

Julie is helping Joel with his zipper...see, I really don't have to do anything for him when she's around.

This was the high-light of our (mostly Joel's) afternoon. The zoo just added this "exhibit" if you will. A train track with a couple different trains going at the same time....this is a boys' paradise.

This picture cracks me up of Alayna...she was trying to be obedient and look my way for a picture, but she just couldn't take her eyes off the train.


Joel wasn't happy when we had to move on from the trains...one of these days we'll go to the zoo just to sit and watch the train go round and round the track. I'll take Julie with me so I can go see the other animals while she watches Joel. :)




No comments: