Thursday, September 9, 2010

Kids Are So Literal

Mornings are always a bit hectic at our house on days I have to work. I get myself up an hour before the kids so I can eat breakfast, shower & be dressed before I have to get them up. Then I make the kids breakfast, put together the kids lunch boxes (I pack them the night before, but since many items need to be refrigerated, I don't usually assemble the lunches until morning) & begin dressing the younger two. I was trying to save myself a step the other morning so I decided to put Alayna to work. I asked her to go down to the basement, where our laundry room is, and retrieve an item I needed to wear that was hanging on the drying rack, and bring it to me. I explained a couple times exactly what I needed and where it was. "Okay mommy," was her reply. I continued my work in the kitchen until I heard, "I can't get it, it's too heavy." I thought to myself, this really shouldn't be that heavy....

I walked over to the basement stairs, looked down & this is what I found:


She was trying to bring me the entire drying rack up the basement stairs.

No comments: