Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Mom's Flowers

Andrea recently tooks these pictures of my mom's hydrangea's. I wanted to share them with you. I'm going to have them framed and put in my house somewhere. These flowers are beautiful. But they are more than just a pretty flower, they are a reminder of my mom. I don't need something physical to help me remember her. I think of her each day. Sometimes through tears and sometimes through laughter as I tell a funny story about her, or see the kids do something that would have made her laugh. She loved to laugh and make us laugh. How I miss that...

But, I wanted to post these pictures because it is a part of my mom. She planted them, she loved to see them bloom each summer. They were part of the walking tour of her yard that I'd have to take each time I came home for a visit. I miss that...

I am having one of those moments. Those moments of: I can sit and blog about this and not cry. But, here I sit, with tears in my eyes remembering my mom. How I miss her....






2 comments:

Kristi said...

aww...hugs to you! It's good to have those moments. I grow and love some hydrangeas in my front yard that look just like this. They sure are beautiful =o)

Lynn said...

I think of and pray for you often.