Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Day For Pirates

Last week I helped chaperone the elementary field trip for Julie's school. The Tall Ships were at Dobbin's Landing for three days, and we had tickets to tour two of them. I was excited about seeing the tall ships, I was excited to spend time with Julie, however, I was not excited over the fact that I had to take Joel with me. I love him, don't get me wrong. More than life itself, in fact - but I just knew this could either go really well, or really bad. There would be no middle ground.

Well, he was not the most pleasant participant in the field trip, but we did survive. I have vowed to never chaperone a trip again where he has to come along. That may seem harsh, but it was a vow that had to be made. Perhaps it was the one hour of screaming that pushed me to this point, or the constant running away from me when I did allow him out of the stroller, that drove me to make this vow. Either way, when he's 10 I may re-consider and actually attend a field trip he is on. Until then - No Way!

"Mommy, please don't make me walk home."

Aboard the "Pride of Baltimore."

"The Bounty." This ship has been used in several movies, including "The Pirates of the Caribbean."

The kids enjoyed seeing the pirates walking around. This one was handing out gold coins.

Julie & Alayna with a boy from school.





No comments: