Friday, May 15, 2009

A Friend is a Special Blessing

Last week I received this wonderful package in the mail, that came as a total surprise to me from my dear friend, Bunny. She & I were roommates during my second year at the Word of Life Bible Institute, and we have remained in contact. Bunny was a bridesmaid in our wedding. She & her husband, Mike, and their daughter, Savannah, live in California.

Bunny has her own business (Savannah's Closet - see a link on the right of my blog), and she makes shopping cart covers for babies. I have seen her work online, and admired them. She surprised me by making a special one for Joel out of camouflage material. How did she ever know that would be a hit in our home??? It's adorable! She also sent two baby doll outfits, and baby doll diapers for the girls.

Bunny, thank you again for such a thoughtful gift! It cheered me up! I don't know if we'll ever see each other again, in person, this side of eternity, but I know your friendship is still the same, and I love you dearly!

She made a special carrying tote for the cover. I love this! Now Dave might be willing to take Joel grocery shopping all by himself. :)


The awesome shopping cart cover!


These covers make great baby gifts...hint, hint...check out her site.


I decided to include a couple pictures of Bunny & me. Here is the one from my wedding in 2000.


We were quite the pool sharks that evening...at least we thought we were.

1 comment:

Bunny said...

Oh Kristen, You are so sweet!
It's great to see pics from your wedding. It's fun going down memory lane and re-living those days! I think of you every time I hear Michael Jackson's Billy Jean. (we were such nerds!!) LOL
The look on Dave's face when you wore that snake-skin dress the night of that picture was priceless. I will never forget it! LOL
I love you guys and I miss you (even all of the little ones that I've never met!!!)