Monday, May 25, 2009

Random Yard Stuff

This afternoon we enjoyed the beautiful weather by being outside. I wanted to share a couple pictures I took of flowers that are blooming in my yard. You must understand that the fact that I even have flowers is amazing! The deer usually get everything before it has a chance to bloom, but we decided to leave our deer fencing up until we get back from Erie. So far they've been unable to turn my flower beds into a salad bar.

An Iris in full bloom. They didn't bloom at all last year, so I am thrilled to see them this year.


This is the first year this has ever bloomed for me, and I had almost forgotten what I had growing until it opened up this year. This is Bachelor's Button, or Cornflower. So unique, and pretty.


Okay, this is the not-so-beautiful thing outdoors right now. Dave was bringing a trundle bed outside on Saturday for our yard sale (the bed sold, by the way), and when he was carrying the mattress' out, he was taking them down the steps in our home and didn't quite have the screen door opened yet, when the mattress went through the screen before him. Oh well, we've been wanting to replace that door anyways. Now we HAVE to replace it.

No comments: