Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Spring Concert and Other Stuff

It seems like we are always busy, but when I sit down for a minute and try to remember all we've done lately...well, I just forget. Julie spent the night last weekend with Dave's mom & grandma, and had a great time. She loves doing that once in a while. She was so excited about going, she packed her own bag. She picked out all her clothes and pajamas. She did a great job, except she forgot to pack a toothbrush and hairbrush...details. Good thing I checked her bags before she left.

We've had rainy weather lately, so the kids haven't had a lot of opportunity to play outside. We had several days with 80 degree temps, but recently it's been in the 50's again.

Dave is excited that spring turkey season is here. He's been out hunting twice with his good friend, Jim. He said they are hearing turkeys gobble back to them when they use their turkey calls, but the turkeys don't get close enough. Perhaps the turkeys are getting close enough to realize that the "turkeys" calling them, are imposters...I wonder if they've thought of this??? Perhaps I should mention it. He likes it when I mention these things after an unsuccessful hunt.

Julie's school had their Kindergarten & First grade spring concert last night. Unfortunately my camera did a lousy job of taking pictures in the school gym. We were able to get some video, but the still shots of Julie didn't turn out. I was successful in taking one picture of Alayna, though. Joel loved the concert. There were bongo drums, and he was very taken with those, and he loved when people clapped. He clapped right along with them. The kids were cute to watch, and Julie loved having us there. She kept smiling and waving at us. Isn't that what all 6 year olds do at their school concerts? So fun!

Friday I will be having a filling replaced at the dentist at 8a.m., then I head to Julie's classroom at 10a.m., for a Mother's Day party. So, hopefully I won't be drooling like a weird-o during the party...but I can't promise anything.

Alayna at the Spring Concert


Alayna loves to climb in bed with Julie in the morning. It's fun to see the two of them tucked in together, playing nicely...because I know once they're out of that bed there will be something to fight about. :)


1 comment:

Bunny said...

LOL
You crack me up! The pictures are adorable!!
I think you should mention your turkey advice to Dave. I know Mike always appreciates it when I mention something after the fact. ;-)