Friday, May 8, 2009

Mother's Day at Julie's School

Today has been very busy for me. I left the house at 7:30 this morning for a dentist appointment at 8. I had a filling fixed that had fallen out two weeks ago. Glad to have that done and over with. I ran a couple errands after the dentist, then headed to Julie's school by 10a.m. for a special "Mothers & Muffins" celebration. The class met all the moms in the hall, and presented us with petunias, a card they made, and a poem the teacher had laminated. Then the kids escorted us to their classroom. They had set up their tables nicely, and had muffins for us, and coffee or lemonade to drink. After our refreshments the kids had special presentations to make. They sang 5 songs...I remember one specifically being M-O-M-M-Y (to the tune of B-I-N-G-O). So cute! Each of the kids had drawn a picture of their mom, and wrote a poem about them. So they held up their picture, while the teacher read the poems. Afterwards Julie & I made a trip to the school book-fair, and she talked me in to buying two "Fancy Nancy" books she just had to have. I was in a giving mood, I suppose. After the visit to the book fair we went back to her classroom and it was lunch time. Most of the moms stayed and had lunch with their kids, and I had my peanut butter & jelly sandwich packed, too, and enjoyed it at a kid-size table with Julie. When lunch was over I walked her out to recess and went home. I enjoyed the time with her at school so much.

I am posting pictures of the highlights from my day (sorry, no pictures of the tooth being drilled). I thought you might enjoy reading the card Julie made for me. I had a good laugh at the things she came up with.

The petunias with the card she made.


I didn't realize my favorite food was onions, but apparently that's what Julie thinks.





The picture Julie drew of me, and the poem she wrote.


My neighbor offered me a bouquet of lilacs today, while I was waiting for Julie to get off the bus. Lilacs are my FAVORITE flower, and I was thrilled to put them in a vase on my table. The house smells so wonderful! I have a small lilac bush in the front yard that I planted a couple years ago, but because of my constant battle with the deer, I have yet to receive any blooms on this bush. I am hopeful that one of these years it will bloom for me.

1 comment:

Bunny said...

So precious and I love the "things my mom loves to do" which included dust the house! LOL How did she know that you enjoy dusting? You must be singing while you do it!