Monday, May 25, 2009

The Great Outdoors

As a family we love to be outside as much as possible. The kids are happier outdoors, and I know I tend to be more relaxed when I'm outside. I suppose it's because for a brief time the chores inside the home are not visible. We are heading to Pennsylvania on Wednesday to be with mom & dad, and help in any way we can. We would have gone sooner but we were waiting for Joel & Alayna to be completely clear of their colds. They seemed pretty healthy by mid-week last week, but we needed to be sure that they would not expose mom to any cold germs.
We managed to have a yard sale over this past weekend. It was the first time doing one in this house, and it was fairly successful, considering that we live pretty far from town. I advertised in the paper & on Craig's List. We made a nice little profit, and rid our home of some unnecessary junk that had snuck into the corners of the attic. It is such a great feeling to know that we have parted with these things. There are some items remaining in our office, but they are ear-marked as donations to Salvation Army and our local Crisis Pregnancy Center. Only a few items will remain with us. A few larger items that did not sell Dave drug to the edge of the road and put a free sign on them. Most everything was gone that same day. I saw a truck parked outside our home at 11:15 p.m. going through our stuff....bless him for taking away our junk. I almost went out and helped him load the items on his truck, but assumed he didn't want the help of a blurry-eyed woman in her pj's. He may have changed his mind and left us with everything...I did not want to risk that.
As we prepare to go to PA this week, we used our afternoon today to get yard work done and do laundry. Tomorrow I will pack up the luggage for the 5 of us, & Dave will take our donations to their new owners.

I took some pictures of the kids riding the mower with Dave. Julie & Alayna took turns driving the mower. They're such good helpers. Yard-workers in training!

Julie


Julie picked the flowers off of the chives we have growing. She thought they smelled great!


Julie & Dave


Alayna & Dave

No comments: