Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Very Belated Christmas Celebration

This past Saturday we spent the day at Dave's brothers home, with Dave's side of the family, celebrating a VERY belated Christmas. We had planned to celebrate together around the New Year, but illness' in some of the family's, prevented that plan. Due to schedule conflicts, and the fact that Dave's sister, and her family, live three hours away, it was hard to find any available date that worked for everyone. It ended up being a nice time to celebrate together. Dave's grandma just celebrated her 82nd Birthday, so we combined our Christmas, with a Birthday celebration. We had exchanged names this year with the cousins, and the adults. That worked out nicely, and the kids enjoyed handing out the gifts they bought for their special person. All in all, it was a fun day.

Here are some pictures from our afternoon at Nathan & Kristy's home.

The entire clan! Dave's sister, Shelly, and her husband, Ed, have four boys, Michael, Tim, Christopher & Jeremy. Dave's brother, Nathan, and his wife Kristy, have a daughter, Lily, and a baby boy, Nate. Then there's us...well, you already know about us.


Julie, enjoying the gifts she received from her cousin, "Baby Nate." Julie loves Strawberry Shortcake, and was thrilled to receive this S.S. doll.


Alayna enjoyed opening everyone else's gifts for them. Aunt CJ is in the chair benind Alayna, and Baby Nate's in front of her.


Dave put bows on Baby Nate's head. He was a good sport about it.


All of us gathering around the table to enjoy some birthday cake for Grandma. I was in charge of making the b'day cake. Cake baking is not my forte'...but I gave it my best shot. Nobody complained about eating it, and as far as I know there have been no complaints about food poisoning, so I guess it was a success.

1 comment:

Bunny said...

I can't believe how grown up Nathan is!!!! It's great to get to see his family in pictures!!
By the way, the cake and choc. dipped strawberries looked wonderful.........I wouldn't have turned it down and probably would've gotten eye-brow raises as I went for thirds!!!