I've had the desire to post something for several days, but as I rack (is it rack, or wrack?) my brain for something to talk to you about, nothing comes to mind. Honestly, that's nothing new. I think...blank. I think some more...blank. I try to form a complete thought...totally blank. Oh well. But, as I was out running a few errands this morning the inspiration finally came. It came in the form of my very favorite store in all the world.
THE CHRISTMAS TREE SHOP!
Originally this store was a New England states only store, and I was introduced to it while living in Schenectady, NY, during our first years of marriage. After moving from Schenectady (an hour and a half south), I would still, on ocassion, make the trek (is it trek or trech?) back to Colonie, NY (where the mall is), and shop at the CTS.
After Julie was born, and I became a stay-at-home mom, a good friend of mine, and I would meet almost weekly with our babies and shop at the CTS. We didn't always buy much, but it became our "thing." I loved that "thing." I miss it...I miss her! She lives in PA, too, but not close to me.
So, as I was out today I saw a sign advertising that the CTS was hiring...and I thought to myself, "What? Could it be? Yes, Yes, Yes it's true, it's true, it's really true!" We have a CTS going in right next to our mall. I immediately called my husband; since he would be the only one locally, that would truly understand my excitement. His response, "oh great, we can't afford to have one this close to us." :) But, he loves me, and I know he'll understand when I need to just go and browse.
Okay, I might be making too much out of one store - and you may have visited one and not thought it was all that great. However, for me it's the memories the store brings. When my mom would visit we would make a trip to the CTS because she fell in love with it, too. It also is a reminder of all the days as a young, new mom, who just needed an outing with a friend, to escape the house.
Thank you Christmas Tree Shop! Thank you for coming to Erie! I can't wait until you open...someday can I do a commercial for your store?

3 comments:
I love that place! The fam will be soooo happy to have one in Erie, too =o)
I'll have to come out and go to the store with you. Just like old times!!! I miss you a lot too and those days of just getting out.
I'll have to come out and go with you to the new store!! Just like old times. I miss you a lot too and I miss those days of just getting out for fun.
Post a Comment