Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fall Fun On A Friday

Catchy title, huh?  After 260+ blog posts it becomes difficult to be creative with the titles. Sorry, I'll do better next time.

Julie was off from school the past two days due to teacher in-service. Thursday was rainy, so we spent a few hours at the McDonald's playland having lunch with two of my friends, and their kids. It's so nice now that Joel is a bit older and able to enjoy the playland with the other kids, rather than being too little where I spend the entire time pulling him off of all the things he's too little for. There are still things he is too little for, (ie., voting, driving, shaving, dating, playing with small LEGO pieces), but the McDonald's playland is no longer on that list. Yay!

Friday the weather was on the cool side, but it was sunny and gorgeous. Most of the leaves are still on the trees around our house, but they have changed color and we are enjoying the beauty of fall. I did spend quite a bit of the day indoors getting housework done, but after the kids got up from naps I sent them outside. They played in the backyard for the longest time, but then I found them out front - raking! Julie found her plastic rake and she was making a pile for them to jump in. I took the opportunity to take a few pictures of them having a great time.

The house accross the street from us is for sale....anyone interested in being our neighbor? 
I edited this one.  I love how it looks with just the mums and pumpkin color showing. 
Alayna dresses herself most days (most days that we don't have to be seen in public that is).  She wanted to wear this dress all day that Uncle Doug & Aunt Andrea bought her.  When I sent her outside she needed pants, so she wore sweatpants, a dress & a jacket.  It really was a lovely combination.  :)

His face turned out a little blurry in this one, but you get the idea of how happy he was to be throwing leaves.

No comments: