I haven't posted anything in about a week, and since I am trying to discipline myself to blog more often, I figured it was time for an update.
We have really been enjoying this stretch of nice weather the past several days. Last Saturday was the first time in a while that we didn't have anything planned. It was the perfect day to get outdoor projects done before the colder weather is here permanently. Dave has been working hard on our garage. We are now able to get both vehicles in (when we moved in last June we dumped everything we didn't know what to do with in the garage), and he got the garage door opener working - which was broken when we moved in. Yay Dave! We scrubbed and hosed down the pool, and it's now packed away. Julie helped me paint a couple shelves that have coat hooks, and they are now hung by the front and back doors. I spent a couple hours at dad's again, going through more things. It was a very productive Saturday. We ended the day by eating pizza and watching Beauty & the Beast with the kids. They're young, they still think we're awesome, and they want to hang out with us on a Saturday night. :)
Today Julie didn't have school, but it was Parent/Teacher conference day. Dave & I met with her teacher and she was very complimentary of Julie. She struggles a bit with spelling, but seems to really enjoy math. Her teacher did tell us though, the other day Julie really had "had it" with a kid in her class. She finally told the boy that if he didn't stop he would have to go to her dad's office, "The Principal." Her teacher said she decided to stay out of it, and let the two of them work it out. We are pretty sure that using her dad as a threat may not be the best way for her to resolve her problems...but it is funny!
Don't ask me why I decided to throw this picture in of our cat, Reggie...mostly because I am jealous of his life. The kids adore him, and are gentle with him. He can curl up in a basket of teddy bears and sleep the day away and no one bothers him. Eating when he feels like it, but not gaining too much weight, and being outdoors whenever it suits him. I really should've been a cat...

No comments:
Post a Comment