Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mom's Hutch

I spent today at Dad's house.  I got there a little after 11, and left around 4. 

The task:  sorting out my mom's hutch.  Deciding what should be kept/saved, and what needs to go.  This is difficult for one person to decide.  Dad has someone interested in buying the hutch.  It is not a piece of furniture any of us can use - however sentimental it may be.  So, I sorted, became overwhelmed, and sorted some more.  I had a small list from my sister-in-law of items she was interested in (she was working out of town, otherwise she would've been my right arm on this project).  I chose some pieces for myself, I chose pieces for other people, and I boxed up things that could be donated.  I made a stop at my Grandma's afterwards to drop items off to her.  I made a stop at Doug & Andrea's to deliver stuff to them.  I came home and Dave helped me unload our items.  I still have more to do. 


This was a physically and emotionally exhausting day...


Mom's Hutch
(photo taken by Andrea this summer)

No comments: