Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Precious Nephew

I have been updating my blog a lot the past two days with lots of pictures. Be sure to scroll down through all the posts.

My main reason for staying an extra week in Erie was to meet my new nephew. We knew he was going to be born this past Tuesday, the 28th. I was so thankful I could be home to see him right away. Johnathan Douglas (named after his dad, Douglas John) was born to Doug & Andrea Tuesday morning, via c-section. Both John or "JD," and Andrea are doing great, and are home now. Dad and I went in Tuesday afternoon to meet him and hold him. What an exciting privelege it is to celebrate new life. Good friends of our family, the Dougan's, came over to dad's to watch my kids for me, so dad and I could go to the hospital alone to meet this precious little guy. Thanks again Roger & Cindy!

God has blessed our family so much! We are mourning the passing of my mom 6 weeks ago, and yet we are able to celebrate the health and birth of this new life.

I love this little one so much, and I am excited to someday be able to tell him stories about his Mimi that loved him before he was even born. It is a privelege to be John and Danika's aunt, and a blessing to feel so close to my brother and sister-in-law.

I don't have many close-up shots...and none of Andrea. She wasn't allowing me to take her picture the afternoon after her surgery...wonder why?

The proud (and tired) daddy.


Papa and JD.


It was nice to be in the hospital, holding a newborn, and not be the one who had delivered. Sorry Andrea. :)


Johnathan Douglas, 7lbs. 11oz., 19.25 inches.
God is Good, All the Time!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Yay! This is what I was waiting for! He's so cute...and I LOVE your hair, it looks so good! Congratulations on being an aunt again! I love it! :)