Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I'm Still Here...

I haven't completely forgotten about blogging, although it has been several days now since I posted anything. This week is Vacation Bible School at our church, and that means that life as we normally know it, is not normal at all. Last week was full of VBS preparations, more for Dave, than me. This week we have VBS every evening at the church (8/10 of a mile from our home). Everything is going very well, other than the threat of thunderstorms. Monday it did start to storm after the kids arrived, but everything can be held under shelter, so all was well. I have been taking lots of pictures of the events, so hopefully later this week I will get some posted. I know you're anxious to see the giant space shuttle that occupies the back yard of the church. Captain Kirk...oh sorry, I mean Dave, did not dissapoint in his props this year.

Once VBS is over we begin the process of moving Joel out of his current room, into what is now our office. The office will move into the room Joel is now in, and also turn into a school room. Yes, you heard (or read) correctly, school room. We have prayerfully made the decision to pull Julie out of the public school this year and give homeschooling a try. Believe me when I say this, I never thought this is something I would do...for many reasons that seem unworthy of blogging about at this point. However, after much prayer and consideration we feel the Lord leading us in this direction, and I am very excited. Some of you reading this may not agree with the idea of homeschooling, some of you may be saying, "Horray, they finally came to their senses." Whatever your opinion, just know that we feel strongly that it is our right to educate our children in whatever way we see fit, it is also not something that every person needs to do. Each parent/family needs to prayerfully decide what the Lord has for them. Julie is very excited about this, and so are we...maybe after the second day I might be flagging the school bus down and begging them to take her...we'll see. :)

So, as you can tell, we have a lot that is keeping us busy right now. Not that that's anything new, we're always busy, but right now we seem extra busy.

6 comments:

Lynn said...

Great to know you're still around! I'll be keeping you (and Julie!) in my prayers as you start a new adventure. :) I have NO IDEA how our children will be educated, but I love the fact that we have the CHOICE. And honestly, I wouldn't change anything about our homeschooling. I know that our family is only as close as we are because of all those years of being together. So whether you love it, hate it, or cry through math (like me) I hope you have fun!

Kristen said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Lynn. I'm sure I'll be the one crying through math...when we get to 4th grade and I won't be able to help her anymore. :)
Your family was an awesome example to us of what a homeschooled family could be.

Romanek Ramblings said...

Homeskulling is grate. I no my kids hav benefeted grately frum it. We luv to red togethar all the thyme. If you need aney help just holler. Just dont interupt my sowing thyme!
You made a grate choyce! :)

Kristen said...

I thanx yew kinely four yor support. Dave and me wuz thinkin thet the kidz need sum bettr lurnin and I's just the wun to giv it two em. We's be mitey proud of the yungins when thay gro upp. Now wee kan be free to get sum goats and chickns and makes our own sope. yee haw!

Romanek Ramblings said...

I just notised sumthin realy embairising. I mis spelled a word. I don't want to luke ignerant. I ment to spel help...hellp. Whups.

Romanek Ramblings said...

I just notised sumthin realy embairising. I mis spelled a word. I don't want to luke ignerant. I ment to spel help...hellp. Whups.