Dave always does an incredible job with props for VBS, and the kids have a blast (no pun intended, since our theme this year was "Operation Space"). He actually "scaled" back a little this year, but I don't think people thought he did.
He took our church's 24' x 40' tent and transformed it into a space shuttle. Our opening and closing meetings were held in the shuttle, Bible lessons held in the air conditioned church, crafts in the shed, and games outdoors (other than Monday, when it rained on us and games were moved into the shuttle).
We had a good week, and now we're ready to take 3 weeks of vacation to recover. Well, that's not going to happen, but I'm dreaming about a 3 week vacation, anyway.
Enjoy the pics!

The Command Station. Each night the kids would count down and we would blast off into outer space under the watchful eye of "Captain Kirk" (Dave), and his trusty side-kicks. Dave had some great images on power point for the kids, and taught them lots of interesting facts about space. Did you know there's really not a man on the moon??? Wow, the things I learned at VBS. :)


Joel really got into the activities and attention. There was always someone willing to lend a hand and keep an eye on him for me, while I took care of registration (actually I went home for a couple hours, but I don't think anyone noticed). j/k

This is not the photo explaining why we ended up in the ER. :)

Alayna loved being a part of VBS. We put her in the PK-K class, even though she's not quite 3 yet, but she did great!

Julie also loved VBS. She got third place this year for prizes, by learning her verses, bringing her Bible, etc.

This kid tried to register for VBS...can you believe it?

He didn't have his parent/guardian with him, so we had to send him home.
No comments:
Post a Comment