Dave has been busy this week dealing with more water problems at our house. We were without water on Tuesday while we waited for a guy to come and fix the filter on our water tank, which broke due to the major sedement problem we've had with our water. The filter is fixed and we have water...however, the tank of our toilet "sweats" terribly in the humidity, and it leaked through to our basement. I keep towels around the toilet, but that didn't seem to be enough in this heat. A plumber is supposed to be coming soon to look at that problem. At least we have water, and we can safely drink it again.
Today Dave has a booth set up, for our church, at a nearby towns huckleberry/ blueberry festival. The festival is set up in the town square, and there are lots of area business' selling things, showing off art, selling blueberry related food, etc. Our church rented a cotton candy machine and Dave handed out free blueberry cotton candy to the kids. Julie, Joel, Alayna & I spent over three hours at the festival walking around, and taking advantage of free kids activities. The girls got their faces painted, did some crafts, and ate cotton candy. I tried out a blueberry burger with sauerkraut at a German food tent. It might sound strange, but it was VERY good! The kids and I shared some homemade blueberry ice cream with blueberry sauce, which was also tasty. Needless to say, the kids have had enough sugar today to last them a lifetime, but Julie told me this was the best day she ever had.
Julie had never tried cotton candy before....I think she wondered why we've been holding out on this awesome treat for so long. :)

Dave making cotton candy for the kids. He was covered in blue sugar, and very sticky. Ick!

Free face painting.

Julie begged to try the climbing wall. I don't want my kids to be afraid to try things, but this is as far as she climbed for $6. Well, at least she tried...now I think I'll go raid her piggy bank to reimburse myself. j/k

Don't worry, this picture wasn't taken at the blueberry festival.
Such a cute face!
No comments:
Post a Comment