As I've mentioned in previous posts, tattling is a real "issue" in our home. As is the case in most homes, with multiple children. I've been trying to stop the tattling before it takes place. When Julie comes to inform me of something that Alayna has done, I ask her, "are you going to tattle?" She usually replies, "nevermind, sorry." And typically that's the end of it. Yesterday, Julie was home from school, for President's Day. I was working away in the kitchen, and I could here a squabble break out, between Alayna & Julie. I am trying to not interfere, unless I hear major screaming, or see blood flying. Unless there's blood, I don't want to know about it. So, I continued working, and Julie entered the kitchen. She started to tell me something & I interrupted with my usual question of, "are you going to tattle?" I could see she was really struggling with how to answer, and finally she said, "no, I wanted to tell you that my eye hurts." I replied, "oh, that's too bad, what happened?" Then came the answer, "Alayna hit me."
Okay, I laughed right out loud, which probably only encouraged her new approach to tattling. But, it cracked me up how she came up with a "new" way to inform me of things.
We've had a busy weekend. Saturday morning we all went and visited a lady from our church. In the afternoon Julie & I went dress shopping for her & Alayna. Sunday was church, followed by a business meeting, then we went to Sears at 4:00 and had family pictures taken. Monday morning we did some things around the house, then Dave's mom & Grandma came to watch the kids for us. Dave & I went out for a belated Valentine's date. We went out in the afternoon, and came home by 7:00. We could've gone out for a later dinner, but honestly, we're just too exhausted in the evenings, and we spend the entire meal yawning at each other. An afternoon date was much nicer. We shopped a little and went out to eat. Last summer was the last time Dave & I had a meal alone together, so this was a special treat.
Last Friday was Julie's valentine's party at school. I made heart cut-out cookies, & iced them with pink frosting, and sent them in for her party. Here are a couple pictures of my little kitchen helper, rolling out the dough with me. The girls each have their own wooden rolling pins, which they received as gifts this past Christmas, from Dave's grandma. So far they haven't clobbered each other with them....yet.
Alayna rolling out dough. She discovered very quickly that she liked the taste of the dough, and I kept having to re-wash her hands, and stop her from sneaking dough, and eating it. Next time she'll need to wear a hair net, and plastic gloves, in order to help me.

1 comment:
Hi Kristen! I love reading your blog and enjoy watching your kids grow up (so fast!!)
We need to catch up. Will you guys be taking a Disney Land vacation anytime soon? ;-)
Post a Comment