Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Ten Wonderful Years!!!

Today we celebrate our ten year anniversary! I can hardly believe that ten years has come & gone already. What a blessing and a privelege it is to be married to this wonderful man.

Throughout your first nine years of marriage you occasionally have the conversation, "for our tenth anniversary we are going to ________________..." (fill in the blank)
examples include, but not excluded to:
- take a cruise
- renew our vows
- vacation on a beach without the kids

On and on the list goes. You know what I'm talking about. Well, we are at the ten year mark and we aren't going on a cruise, we feel no need to renew our vows (we really meant them the first time), and an exotic vacation is not in the plans either. However, we are unloading the kids this weekend with some friends, and spending time together. Honestly, I can't think of a better way to spend my time. I just want to be with Dave, I just want to sleep in, and go out to eat, watch movies, and just be with Dave. That's all. After ten years, three kids and a new mortgage, this is paradise, and I wouldn't want it any other way!

These kids were so young and in love....


What were these two thinking ("hurry up, we have several impatient guests that want to eat and we are holding them up...smile!")


Ahhhh, these two really seem to know what life is all about...do they have kids? They seem nice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kristen! I loved this entry and Happy, happy Anniversary!! You enjoy that honey of yours in your new home!! Glad you can have the time just the two of you - I so agree with you in what you said!!
Monique

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary. The pictures are great.

Deb Cunniff said...

Kristen -- One day when Dave was here at our house he picked up his and Amy's wedding picture and commenting on how young they looked he asked me, "What were YOU thinking?" They celebrated 10 years last October and, yes, how the time flies. For our 10th we left 3 kids with my Mom and Dad, took Dave's pup tent and went into the woods (not even a campground). I think we squeezed into the tent with Ken's rifle at our side just in case we had any unwanted animal visitors. Congratulations to you both. Your celebration sounds absolutely wonderful!! Love, Deb C.

Lynn said...

Congrats!!! You guys are an amazing picture of a wonderful marriage and family. God bless you with many, many more years together!!