Our first day of vacation started out with mounds of laundry and cleaning up around the house. By afternoon we ditched that and decided it was time to have some fun! We went to the Tom Ridge Environmental Center (TREC), which is by presque isle, and it's free. Julie is the only one who had been there before (school field trip), so we decided to check it out. The kids enjoyed it, and we thought it was worth seeing. From the TREC we went to the lighthouse beach, then down to beach 7 for a picnic. I don't know why I didn't think to take a picture of our picnic with the geese. It was a very eventful dinner, and the kids were near panicked most of the meal. As soon as we sat down at the table we were swarmed by geese who wanted to be fed. The kids were scared to death, and Dave & I found it rather amusing. They eventually wandered off when we didn't throw food at them. As soon as dinner ended the kids were turned loose at the playground.

The TREC Discovery room. A hands-on room for the kids.



Julie knew immediately what type of dinosaur this was (a duck-billed something or other). I told her I didn't think that was correct, but then read the sign and Julie was proven correct. When I told her she was right, she said, "I knew it mom, I saw it on Curious George."
Who said hours of mindless television isn't good for kids?

View from the top of the tower at TREC. It was a very hazy and humid day, so the lake view was not real clear.

Dave & Joel walking along lighthouse beach.


No comments:
Post a Comment