Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Workin' 9 to 5...What A Way To Make A Living...

Today was my first day back in the work-force. Not that I haven't been "working" for the past 6 1/2 years. I started working part-time for the daycare at my dad's church (the church we are currently attending). My schedule is not set yet, but I'm going in twice this week to start getting familiar with the kids, the routine, etc. I'm helping in the two year old class where my niece Danika is. Joel stays with me in the 2's room, and Alayna goes into the 3's class. Today went very well, and I enjoyed the kids so much. The weather was gorgeous, so we took the kids for a walk around the neighborhood. Watching 8 kids hang on to a rope was pretty funny, but they did so well. The lead teacher asked Danika to tell everyone who I was, and she introduced me as "Miss Kristen," not "Aunt Kristen," which cracked me up.

I think I'm going to really enjoy this job. Just the fact that I can take Joel & Alayna with me, and it's in the same school where Julie attends, is so great! Dave told me tonight though, that I'm not allowed to work in the infants room. He said that it's dangerous to allow me to hold infants all day, since it only puts bad ideas in my head...like, wanting another one. :) We'll see....

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Glad you enjoyed your first day! It's fun, rewarding, tiring and entertaining! You'll love it!