We had a busy weekend, but very fun. Saturday night we went to Doug & Andrea's church to hear Doug preach. He did an awesome job preaching from Nehemiah, and it was such a blessing to us to hear him. Their church offers supper after their Saturday night service, so we stayed for soup & salad. Sunday, after church, we took Grandma Andrews out to eat for her 80th birthday. I arranged for two ladies to come to dad's and watch the little ones for us. They needed naps, and frankly we just wanted an enjoyable, semi-quiet, meal. Alayna, Danika, Joel & Johnathan had pizza (well, not John) and naps, and were much happier when we returned. We took Grandma to Sugar-n-Spice Restaurant in Waterford. A delicious amish-style cooking restaurant. Uncle Dave drove up from the Lancaster area to be with us, and Grandma's sister Marilyn, her husband, Chuck, and their two granddaughters joined us, as well. Afterward everyone came back to dad's house for cake & ice cream.
This coming weekend Dave plans to hunt at the camp with dad, so he'll be gone Friday night. The kids and I will probably head to Grandma Bierer's for supper. I know if we show up around 5 we'll be fed. :)
Andrea took lots of great pictures of Grandma's party, so as soon as I get copies from her, I'll post more.
Julie, Alayna & Johnathan with Grandma.

Things are pretty cramped at dad's, but Joel doesn't seem to mind his new crib. j/k
He's a good sport when his sister's play "house" with him.

I took these a couple weeks ago of Alayna outside at dad's. I love how they turned out.

No comments:
Post a Comment