Monday, November 2, 2009

Thank Goodness for the Flash Drive

Finally, I can post some recent pics to the blog. As you know, we are living with my dad at this time, and he only has dial-up. I'm grateful for internet access, but keeping up a blog - let alone keeping pictures posted to the blog, is difficult. Dave bought a flash drive and now I can put the pictures on my computer, then bring them over to dad's computer and upload them to my blog. Well, it sounds like a lot of work, but it's not too bad.

We're doing well, and settling in to life in PA. Three trips to the Photo Driver's Center, and we now have our PA licenses...ugh! Dave spent last Friday night at the hunting camp, and hunted Saturday with dad. I had the privelege of seeing them bringing home two squirrels and a grouse. Pardon me if you don't see me jumping for joy. The policy is - I am willing to cook venison and wild turkey, anything else is left to you to cook. This was my mom's policy, and I think it's a good one. I'm happy that you hunt and enjoy it, and you have my full support. However, don't ask me to skin it, gut it, clean it, fry it or bake it, if it is not something I will eat. :)

Dave is still working with my dad & brother. Work is a little slow for dave right now, but we continue to pray and seek what God has for us. We love being close to my family, and being with my dad has helped in so many ways.

Here are some pictures of the kids.

Julie on her first day of school. She picked out this dress, and insists on wearing it often.


Joel, sporting his winter hat. He put it on himself. Probably to cover up his recent "accidental" buzz-cut that I gave him. It's growing out, and not as bad now.


Julie & Joel...you can get a better view of his haircut in this picture.


Even though she's attending a Christian school, she is still able to ride the public school bus, which works great for us.


Enjoying a warmer fall day outside. It's supposed to drop in the 40's this week. brrrr

No comments: