I realize it's been almost a month since I last posted anything. Honestly, life is moving faster than I can keep up with these days. We've also been dealing with a lot of cold/flu stuff in our home. All three kids have had ear infections and bad colds, and Julie had the flu. Dave & I have also been fighting this cold thing, and our remaining coughs sound more like barking seals. Dave, Joel, Alayna & I had lunch in Arby's yesterday, after doing some christmas shopping. I went into such a coughing fit that I actually broke blood vessels in my eyelid - not to mention I felt like a complete idiot in Arby's.
I am still enjoying my part-time job at the daycare. Joel & Alayna haven't completely adjusted to this change in their lives, but I pray they will soon. Alayna seems to enjoy her 3's class, as long as she doesn't see me, hear me, or think about me, while I work in the 2's class. Joel is in the 2's room with me, and he's fine as long as I'm in his sight. If I take another child to the bathroom and leave him behind with the other teacher, he bursts into tears. They will get used to it, I'm sure. This is a big change in what was normal for them.
Dave is still seeking out what the Lord has for him next. Carpentry is a bit slow right now, with winter months upon us. He & Doug have a bathroom remodel coming up soon, so that will be good, and dad continues to search for the next house to buy and fix up, to re-sell.
Christmas is approaching a little too fast for me this year. On top of the gift buying, decorating, and card-sending, I am missing my mom so much. I miss her all the time, but it seems even harder this time of year. Putting up my parents Christmas tree the other day, and decorating it, was a very hard thing for me to do. The memories that came flooding out of those boxes as I unpacked them, from ornaments Doug & I made as kids, to ornaments I bought my mom in more recent years, was overwhelming. I am grateful for the distraction of kids, and the joy they bring especially this time of year. If it wasn't for their excitement, I'm not sure I'd be feeling much joy this Christmas season. It is good to be with family, and very comforting and healing, but the absence of my mom is so strong.
Tonight is the school Christmas concert, and Julie & Alayna are both participating in it. It will be a fun night, and with all the snow we are being dumped with today, it sure is beautiful. I will post pictures soon of the kids...and try to be better about updates.
No comments:
Post a Comment