...of a righteous man avails much! (James 5:16) Going back to verse 15 it says, "And the prayer of FAITH will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up."
Oh, how my faith feels so small at times, and yet the comfort from the Lord is indescribable! Many reading this are already aware of the news we received this past Thursday, regarding my moms health. If not, here are the facts - she had a test done this past Thursday, because of a side effect she is experiencing from one of the drugs they had her on. The test showed nothing, but this is not good. There is definitely SOMETHING wrong. Her CA-125 count is now at 3400 (as my mom said in her e-mail, this is not a typo). She will have a CT Scan done this Thursday, so the doctor can get a better look to see what's going on. But, he told her this past Thursday that they've run out of treatment options for her. He suspsects a tumor around the colon, and if this is the case, he wants to talk surgery. We won't know anything more until the CT Scan results are in.
I am grieved by this news, but I refuse to lose hope. Losing hope would be saying that I doubt what God is capable of doing. A friend of my moms recently said, "pray for Susan, as if her life depends on it, and I believe it does." Do we really and truly grasp how powerful prayer is? I know these past five years through the journey of cancer, with my mom, has taught us all a great deal about the power of prayer. God has used prayer over and over again. The doctor was baffled this past Thursday at my moms CA-125 count, and how she could be sitting there, looking so healthy, and have so much wrong inside. THIS IS THE POWER OF PRAYER!!!
My uncle (my mom's brother), sent my mom an e-mail after we received this news. In the e-mail he quoted the verse I Corinthians 15:56-58, "The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be STEADFAST, IMMOVABLE, ALWAYS ABOUNDING in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord." I am finding great comfort in these verses. God has a purpose. He has always had a purpose. His purpose is to be glorified, and we all want the outcome that will bring Him the most glory!
1 comment:
We are praying for your precious mom, Kristen. Portions of hymns we sang Sun. brought her to mind, and
we know that she and all of you are resting and trusting in the knowledge that,as one hymn says, "He holds the future".
Love the photos of your adorable kiddos - wish I could hug them!
Prayers for all of you, and my love too,
Dolores Timco
Post a Comment