This past week was fairly uneventful at our home. Unless you consider losing a filling, while flossing my teeth, eventful. The dentist was able to get me in to check out what exactly happened, but he's unable to re-fill it until the 8th. Until then I have this strange feeling in my tooth, and food gets stuck there. Oh well, it saves me something to snack on for later.
Alayna is making more attempts towards potty-training this week. She insists on sitting on the big potty, and not the potty chair we have for her. Whatever works is fine with me. She went once this morning, and I gave her a marshmallow. She was so excited, but then she assumed that every time she sat on the potty she should have a marshmallow - even if she doesn't actually go. I can't say I blame her. I probably should switch the treat to raisins, to prompt a need to use the bathroom more often. Just a thought...
Joel took his first steps tonight. I'm not sure whether to be excited, or scared out of my mind. He walked a couple steps to me this evening, and was so proud of himself.
On another note, my mom's health is still not good. She is very weak right now, and when she exerts any energy she is out of breath right away. She is unable to work right now, as well. Her family doctor has some guesses as to why she's having so many problems, but we're still waiting to hear a diagnosis from her oncologist, in Pittsburgh. I just ask that you continue to pray for my mom, and dad, at this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment