Saturday, March 22, 2008

Heavy Heart

I am sitting here trying to figure out exactly what I want to say, and in a way the words just aren't coming...and in another way, the words are rushing around in my head, but I can't seem to organize my thoughts. Now I'm just speaking random, and you're thinking "get to the point."
All I can ask is that you please pray for my mom. As many of you know she has been battling Stage 3C Ovarian cancer for 4 years now. She recently had surgery to remove a tumor, and the surgery was successful. However, Thursday we received the news that her CA125 (cancer levels) have elevated again. The count is almost double what it was 4 weeks ago, so we know the cancer is growing somewhere, we just don't know where. She has been taken off the chemo she's currently been on, and the doctor is trying to come up with a new treatment plan for her...possibly a clinical trial drug.
There is more on my mind regarding this, but I will just end by asking for prayer for her, and wisdom for her doctor. We know the Lord has a plan, and we trust Him! We continue to plead before the Lord for her healing. I am so thankful I have a Heavenly Father to turn to!

1 comment:

Bunny said...

Kristen,
I'm telling everyone I know about your mom and praying along with you guys. I"ll let the ladies bible study group know, too. Everyone is praying for her healing. I'll be praying for you, too. love you.