Saturday, March 15, 2008

Trying to Get Fresh Air

Are you tired of all the illness that is going through my family right now? Or, at least tired of reading about it on my blog??? Well, guess what? We're still sick, and it's still about the only thing I have to type about these days. So, bear with me a while longer. :)
Yesterday our outside temperature reached 50 degrees. Since we've been cooped up in the house since 2007 I thought maybe it was time we try and get some fresh air. (okay, 2007 was a bit of an exageration...but it feels true anyways) I bundled up Julie & Alayna and thought we could go for a short walk. We made it to the end of the driveway, picked up our mail, and Julie realized she wanted to wear her gloves. We headed back to the house, at which time I began coughing, choking and gagging. Julie got her gloves and we started back down the driveway (our driveway is a little long). We got to the road and poor Julie joined me in the coughing, hacking and gagging show. We decided we just couldn't go for our walk, we desperately needed drinks of water (which I forgot to bring with us), and we both could barely breath. I was still determined to stay outside and get some more fresh air. I took Alayna from her stroller and the three of us attempted to play ball in the driveway. After 10 minutes, and Julie going in to another round of coughing fits, she looked at me and asked, "can we please go back inside?" Yes, I suppose that would be the best thing. Apparently our lungs are more interested in breathing in all the germs, than breathing in the fresh air right now. But, hey, at least we tried. I figure there had to be some benefit to our outing.
I have had a couple people, in the past week, mention to me how great the product "Airborne" is, and that they swear it really helps when you're sick. So, today I picked some up for Julie & Dave. Kids, ages 4-12, can be given half a tablet. I can't give it to Alayna, but I figured the other two could try it. Dave is not home at the moment to try his first round, but I dissolved half a tablet into some orange juice for Julie when we got home. Guess what....she refuses to drink it!!!! Not because it tastes bad, but because I want her to, so she's protesting. Oh, for cryin' out loud!!! So, if I can get her to drink it, and after Dave tries it I'll have to report back on whether I think this is helping, or not. If you've tried Airborne and have an opinion on it, I'd love to hear your comments about it.

Notice, I've posted a new recipe to the right. It's the recipe for the delicious Napoleon that I posted a picture of recently. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you. Have a wonderful and happy birthday!!! Love ya.