Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Oh Spring, Where Art Thou???

The illness saga continues! Just as I thought we were on the mend Julie started running a fever all over again. I wonder since Dave got sick after us if that started the whole cycle over again??? I guess it's hard to know, but I'll try not to place all the blame on him. I'm sure he'd appreciate that. :) Friday night Julie's cough came back and by Saturday she was running a fever of 102. Even with tylenol I could not get her fever below 100 all weekend. Monday we made another trek to the doctor to find out that she has yet another ear infection (a week ago we got the "all clear" signal from the doctor that her ears were better). While at the doctor I had him check Alayna just to make sure. She was fine and just had a lingering cough. This all took place yesterday. Well wouldn't you know that last night Alayna was up more frequently, coughing, and today she is running a fever of 101.7, and her nose is running again!!! Why couldn't this have happened yesterday when I was already at the doctor??? On top of all this illness the girls and I had planned a trip to see my parents for 10 days. We were scheduled to leave this past Sunday, after church. I have not seen my family since Christmas and we were really looking forward to this time. Needless to say, we are still home. My mom has been sick with the flu, and she is just now starting to get better. She certainly doesn't need to be re-exposed to any more germs. We are hoping and praying to re-schedule our trip for the first week in April. I'm praying that a few more weeks will have us on the mend and able to enjoy our time with family more.

This morning I was having a hard time pulling myself together and the tears just seemed to want to flow. My precious husband stayed with the girls for a few hours so I could get some much needed grocery shopping done, and have some time out of the house. I made a special trip in to the beloved Dollar Tree and picked up Easter basket items. It was nice to pick out fun things for the girls. When I returned home Dave said that a friend from church called and was bringing supper to us tonight. I just have to tell you how much this meant to me. The Lord's timing is always perfect, and He cares for all the details of our lives. While I was grocery shopping I kept thinking of what I'd fix for dinner tonight. I couldn't come up with any ideas, nor did I have the desire to make supper. When Diana & her daughter, Danielle, delivered dinner to our door at 5:00 I could have cried (you'd think I'd be out of tears by now). A delicious meal of swedish meatballs over rice, broccoli, chocolate cake, and her famous homemade cinnamon rolls! I have to admit that I couldn't wait until breakfast to have a cinnamon roll. Everything was so tasty, and it put a bright spot in to my gloomy day. Thank you Diana & family!!!

In the middle of all this germ-infested mess I will be turning 30 on Sunday. Maybe the Lord has given us all this illness right now to pre-occupy my mind from thinking about this "milestone." I guess I'm not overly bothered by the number, but there is something surreal about finally leaving your 20's. Not to mention the fact that I got my hair cut short and I am really noticing some of the grey hairs. UGH!

No comments: